Register to take part
in the WBR Spring Street Market
Update to WBR Christmas Market
Since announcing the Christmas Market we have had an overwhelmingly positive response from a wide variety of businesses and residents in Fulham and beyond; with over 50 registered stall holders; a full schedule of live music; street entertainers and traditional fun fair games. The positivity and sense of community and excitement for this road closure has truly been remarkable and inspiring!
However, due to the growing numbers of Covid cases in London, LBHF council has taken the decision to cancel all their events this winter. Our first priority is always for everyone’s safety. Following multiple discussions with LBHF and their Covid Mitigation Team, we have come to the difficult decision that it is best to postpone the event to a time when we won’t have to implement significant Covid restrictions. These would have had to include limiting the number of stalls and attendees and imposing social distancing, which would inevitably have a negative impact on the event.
So, we are moving the event to the SPRING…
SAVE THE DATE
SUNDAY 15TH MAY 2022
By running the event in the spring all scientific indicators show that Covid numbers should once more have come down. This will allow us to run all the exciting activities already planned, and even add new ones, to create a truly fun and bustling atmosphere, which we fear would simply not be possible under current Covid safety recommendations.
The South Fulham community has really come together in the spirit of this Christmas street market and we trust that this energy and enthusiasm will carry over to the Spring. This extra time will also allow us to plan for an even bigger and better event!
So swap your elf hats for sunglasses, your mulled wine for a chilled glass of Rosé and your Christmas decorations for spring flowers. With warmer temperatures we hope to add even more fun outdoor games and see residents take full advantage of the road closure by creating their own street parties in front of their homes!
We appreciate your understanding. We are disappointed that we are unable to run the Christmas Market at this time, but our first priority is for everyone’s safety.
If you have already arranged a stall or service with us we will be emailing you individually. In the meantime if you have any questions please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will the Spring Fayre include?
This will still include a full, temporary street closure allowing businesses to have market stalls / marquees on the road. We also welcome residents to take part by setting up community tables, games or events in front of their homes!
The Market area (currently in consultation by LBHF Highways team) would see the Market span from Ryecroft Street down to Narborough Street, with a small stage area set up at the Hazlebury Road junction (see map below).
Register to take part
- If you are a business or company and would like to reserve a space now please fill in the form below.
- If you are resident and want to get involved see here.
- If you are a performer and/or offer any activities please also register via the form below.
We welcome every one from the community and beyond! We will put measures in place to ensure that the local businesses are given priority.
We want to create fun and festive Spring Fayre so the more on offer the better!
Please register now to reserve your place!
See more detailed area map
LBHF Parking and Highways teams have begun the formal consultation process and are looking to divert traffic along alternate routes, while leaving local access only. This would only be on Sunday 15th May.
We will provide Market Stalls at cost for vendors who wish to use them. If you have your own marquee you are welcome to use that instead.
All stalls include built in table and covering. (See images below). Skirts and backsheets are available for extra fees.
- Single Stall: 7ft wide x 3ft deep x 7ft high. – £40 (£50 for non-WBR / local businesses)
- Double Stall: 14th wide x 3ft deep x 7ft high from £60 (£70 for non-WBR / local businesses)
- Skirts and Backsheets are £10 each.
- If you don’t need a stall but just an empty space this is £25 (£30 for double space)
Click for more details and images
Business requirements – please read:
- If you are selling food, you will need to have a Food Hygiene Certificate (ideally Level 3 or above) If you don’t have one, please see link to an online course. It only takes couple hours to complete and costs £20+vat: https://www.highspeedtraining.co.ukhttps://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk/food-hygiene
- If you are selling alcohol you will need to apply for a Temporary Events Notice License (TEN) via LBHF Council: http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Business/Licences_and_street_trading/Licensing_a_z/178372_Temporary_Event_Notice.asp
- All traders are required to provide a copy of Public Liability Insurance. Cover should be of minimum 5,000.00. Stall holder insurance cover can be obtained for around £25 for a one-day cover from: https://www.nmtf.co.uk or https://www.cmtia.co.uk
- Power will only be available from your own business premises on WBR. If you require power you are advised to use battery power where possible and avoid generators to keep this Market at Green as possible.
- We ask all vendors / stall holders to provide a minimum of one bin and encourage you to provide recycling bins as well. We ask you to take responsibility for clearing up all your own rubbish on the day, leaving nothing behind.